Quick one today!
Thought I would hit you up with some stuff on TV I have been watching and you might find interesting
Fat – The Fight of my life
This program is a great insight into the problems that many obese people go through……..in their natural environment. This is what is I see as a big big difference between this programme and a TV show like The Biggest Loser.
In The Biggest Loser…..they are pretty much
– Locked away from their lives
– Given access to good food and not junk (apart from the challenges, which seems odd)
– Trained for 25-30+ hours per week.
– Isolated and made into a competition (given more focus)
Here’s the trailer (click)
This TV programme has:
– People in their own environment
– Access to foods they normally encounter everyday
– Family and work problems etc
– No hype about weight lost etc (For example, does it REALLY MATTER if someone loses 1lb more than someone else 1 week and not the next? Also, I might add that the REAL TEST is if, in 2 years…..has the person kept the weight off. THAT……is a real test of success.)
It tells it like it is. Watch it! ( Monday’s 9pm SKY Living)
The Men That Made Us Thin (and Fat)
There are 2 horizon programmes going on at the moment
The Men That Made Us Thin
…………..talks about dieting fads, crazy stuff going on here.
What I thought was amusing(?) was that there was a ‘diet shake’ called metrecal in the 1960’s……….you took one for breakfast, one for lunch….and had a proper dinner!
Heard that phrase before?
Yes that’s right.
First it was metracal. Then it was slimfast. Now its’ that bloody herbashite that every wanna-be millionaire is trying to sell to you, me, your dog and my cat.
Well my boy Max just cringes everytime we see someone trying to sell me it on facebook!
Funny when they realise my background in nutrition and they have no nutrition qualification at all.
When will people realise low calorie foods are designed to make you lose weight (and most of it nearly ALWAYS lean muscle tissue) ….so you end up with a less-powerful metabolism…..and then to re-bound with weight gain (so that you buy more).
Mini Rant over.
The Men That Made Us Fat
Very similar, but more aimed at the supersizing of meals, the additive put in…..and a whole lot more.
If you are interested in health (by reading this page I am assuming you are) …………you should check them out every thursday as they are 4-parters and have a lot of decent info.
Welcome to the world of weight loss hopefully will show the ups and downs of slimming groups. By the way……I was misquoted / misundertood a few times if you caught us in the Daily mail last week……I don’t class my clients as ‘slimmers’ …..as this tends to make people this we just weigh each other and ‘clap people who had a good week’. We do more that this….we show up, we put the work in, and we are all stronger and fitter than we all were….however long ago. Its not about weight…..it’s about looking and FEELING great.
So get your DVD players / Sky Boxes ready – and press record!
You get someone trying to sell you that thing, they say it will make your life so much better…..but you …just…don’t …want it!
People have recently tried to ‘recruit’ me into selling supplements for them……….(They are even mentioned during this video) – I said ‘no’ just because when somethings sounds too good to be true – it often is.
Watch this video and enjoy! (Some nudity from the outset)
(And watch out for people selling you promises of fitness and weight loss without hard work……and promises of making millions doing 5 hours a week!)
This weekend has been an absolute Blast.
Our Your Next Level Fitness Bootcampers entered Total Warrior…..and here is a video capturing some of what my Wife could catch on Camera.
(With it being a big course, we disappeared for a while!)
CLICK THE THUMBNAIL TO WATCH – (Unfortunately won’t play on mobile devices as might be too high quality or something?!)
Just a Handful Of Reasons Why This Was So Great
- Our group of Your Next Level Fitness Bootcampers are not runners (99% of us anyway). Many have not completed a ‘standard’ or ‘not insane(!) 10k before…….and just agreeing to do this course is a MASSIVE STEP and takes guts.
- Many of us worked as a team – and helped our mates get over walls, up cargo nets on top of muddy hills and more.
- There were a fair few bruises, scratches, cuts, red eyes(!) and more – and we all still loved every minute.
- I don’t think I saw as good a group at carrying logs than ours!!!! (Because we do real strength work with heavy weights – these didn’t pose a problem!)
We have raised OVER £1200 for Teenage Cancer Trust Charity
- EVERYONE was smiling coming across the finish line
We also had a great night out afterwards…….great people and a few cheeky drinks after a really tough day = 1 great weekend!
Oh – the pic at the start was the ‘before pic’…………. and here’s the ‘after pic’
Well done Bootcampers and all those of you who donated to a great cause !!
PS Sometimes some of the news like this breaks early over on the YOUR NEXT LEVEL FITNESS FACEBOOK PAGE . If you are on facebook – ‘like ‘ it to be updated with more great info and also motivation stuff and more!