I hope you’ve been enjoying the Weather.
Almost feels like being abroad!!
Today I wanted to touch upon training outdoors…………..
You’re probably thinking “what difference does it make training outside?!”
Well……..Have you tried it? 🙂
Why is training outdoor better than a gym with expensive machines, and multiple T.V’s ?
Because these things are distracting.
You should have total focus when you train – on what you need to accomplish….in a gym, a bootcamp or at home. (For a list of equipment and books I recommend – CLICK HERE!!!)
Or had you forgotten that there is a goal to your training sessions 😉
Aside from the added focus, heres a list of the other added benefits you get from training outside.
- Fresh air!
- Increased Vitamin D production from sunlight
- Real-life work. If you have to carry weight from A to B – its ALL YOU………no machines saying you ‘might have burned 200kcals (If you are a person of average weight and these calculations can be grossly inaccurate)
- Increased sense of well-being
- More time away from possibly toxic indoor atmosphere (think paint, plastics, ) You hear reports about mobile phones, cabinets, car interiors leeching out toxic fumes……….whether you believe in it or not – why leave it to chance. You probably spend a lot of time at your computer at work or at home anyway and that can’t be good for you.
- Variety. When was the last time you did something different?!!!
Not a lot of people know that I often train clients outdoors, and love to do it. Why not try this down at your nearest park?
1a) Press ups x 10 (modified to your fitness level)
1b) Lunges x 10 each leg
1c) Sprint 50 yards
Rest 1-2 mins and repeat.
PS The hugely successful LEAN EATING online coaching by PRECISION NUTRITION goes LIVE WEDNESDAY JULY 17th. If you really want be part of the most succesful weight loss course in the world…..I recommend you take a look by CLICKING HERE.