It’s been a crazy few weeks!
We had Baby Isla in Late June, and her and Kiera (nearly 2 now!) are getting on well……………..
and like anyone who’s had a newborn baby ………………..it’s been
- A Lack of Sleep!
- Juggling meals and bathtime
What it’s affected………
Any parent will know that sleep is the first thing that suffers. This can affect work, training, eating etc……..I did find the first 2 weeks a lot tougher to get training hard, because you’re energy is low. Best thing I have found to do in times like this is do something light, and something you enjoy. Also, do a little every day.
Some days, this was as simple as hitting some press ups, and then going for a walk, or even kicking a football about (I miss my football!)
This past week, we went for a family session – Jen needs to ease in, so she did some rowing – while me and Kiera joined me in my Bear crawl warm up!
Questions to ask Yourself
- What’s tough for you right now?
- Can you make some tweaks to do a little better……..a few more minutes training / starting training at all (!) /
- Can you be preparing and planning food better……do a shopping list = LOOK AHEAD!
- Can you do just a little better than last week? It’s not about perfection – as perfection does not exist!
Have a good week,